Wednesday 12 June 2013

Sabbatical summary

My ferry arrives in Santander

June 12:   I'm leaving Santander on the ferry at 9 o'clock tonight, bound for Plymouth.  After a few days in England, I'll be flying home to Florida.  

So, time to wrap things up with a sabbatical summary: 

Sabbatical/educational goals and research:   


Fun stuff in Santander/Cantabria:  


with Sombra

  • I've done lots of horse riding and hiking along the coast and in the mountains of Cantabria.
  • Corin and I have attended four concerts at Santander's concert hall, Palacio de Festivales.  We enjoyed performances by some of the best European orchestras (Italian, Spanish, and German) as well as Italian pianist Fabio Bidini and Spanish singer Ainhoa Arteta.


with my cousin Isabella
in Orta, Italy



Other Travels:  


  • UK:  Visited family and friends all over UK in December and January; celebrated Christmas and Corin's 18th birthday in London.  
  • Spain:  Visited Barcelona, Seville, Granada, Sierra Nevada, and Bilbao 
  • Italy:  Visited Florence and Milan
  • Germany: Went skiing in Garmisch




What happens to the blog now?  Since I'm no longer on sabbatical, I won't be writing any more on this blog.  However, the lesson plans and proverbs have been moved to their own separate blogs, to be continued. Links here.  Proverb blog and Lesson plan blog 

Corin and me hiking in the Picos de Europa


No comments:

Post a Comment